THE INOVATION ON TRIPEL LYRE MACHAN SYSTEM OF VEGETABLE CULTIVATION. SGF innovate the triple tier Machan system of horticulture (vegetables) with the support of ADITYA BIRLA GROUP(Essel Mining) at Joda , Keonjhar. Then it has been up scaling by the government department (JUANGA DEVELOPMENT AGENCY) at Gonasika , Keonjhar. In a same patch of land , in a same watering ,same labour the farmers are harvesting the crop in three tiers
TIER 1- UNDERGROUND- TUBERCROP
HOW MACHAN IS A SOLUTION OF THESE ????
TIER 2- ON GROUND- VEGETABLES
TIER 3- ABOVE SIX FIT ON A MACHAN STRUCTURE- CRIPERS
THE INOVATION ON TRIPLE TIRE MACHAN SYSTEM OF VEGETABLE CULTIVATION GOT SELECTED BY IIT-DELHI FOR INDIA-INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE FESTIVAL.
- In Machan system cultivation the crops bear the fruit at least five feet from the soil. So the possibility of the attack of soil borne pathogens and insects is very less. If some attack occur, the application of pesticide is easier as the crops are clearly visible and hanging.
- In the pre pollination stage the flowers are lined up to the straight sunlight, it enhances the light phase of pre pollination stage and creates at least 80% successful pollination out of the total flower.
- The leaves of the crops flattened away horizontally on the rope and sting of the Machan. Greater exposure to the sunlight enhances the photosynthesis of the plants. You can spray both front and back side of the leaf.
- The fruits hang straight horizontally from Machan to the soil. So the geotropic movement of the fruits enhances the size and quality of the crop (Especially for bottle gourd).
- The other intercultural operations are easier.